Mon, Aug 07|
Primitive Instincts YNP Campus
FULL - Summer Camp Week 5 - Science in Nature
Join us for an outdoor learning adventure as we experience the science that is involved in nature! Ages 5-12. Rain or shine.
Time & Location
Aug 07, 9:30 AM – Aug 11, 3:30 PM
Primitive Instincts YNP Campus, 175 Wolf Creek Pass, Wimberley, TX 78676, USA
About the Event
Monday through Friday we will explore, create, and connect while we are in the beautiful outdoors! At summer camp at Primitive Instincts YNP, we will have so much fun with games, art, free exploration, and learning about the fascinating world of nature. This includes natural sciences, as well as awareness, primitive, and survival skills. There is also an awesome saltwater pool for us to cool off in every sunny afternoon!
Science can be found in nature very often. From the power of the sun, to how plants take up water, to how clouds form and make it rain, science is all around us!! During Science in Nature week, we will experiment, explore, and discover the sciences that are displayed in nature.
*Parents: Make sure to notify Ms. Cat of any food preferences or allergies. We will most probably build a solar oven and "bake" nachos inside of it.*
- Please arrive between 9:30 and 10:00am.
- When you arrive at the address: Go down driveway all the way and park in the front of the house in front of the rock wall. *Note: Please do not allow climbing on/over the limestone rock wall.* Then walk to the front of the carport, where we will meet at each morning.
- There will usually be a game or an activity set up in the morning, or the kids are welcome to explore the back porch area while the rest of the students arrive.
- Help check that your kiddo has all the supplies they will need for the day! This includes a water bottle (at least 20 oz.) and a lunch with two snacks, as well as all of their swimming gear, preferred sunscreen/bug spray, a towel, and any flotation device if necessary.
- Class ends at 3:30pm.
- Cold, filtered water will be available for refills. Water bottles themselves will not be provided.
- No electronic devices are allowed, including a smartwatch.
- Pool noodles and recreational flotation devices will be available for use, but no safety floatation devices, such as life vests, will be provided.
- All of our summer camps are fully outdoors, rain or shine. A class day will only be cancelled or shortened due to extreme weather and unsafe driving conditions.
- There is no early drop off or late pick-ups available. Please do not show up earlier than 9:30 AM. Refer to terms & policies page for late pick-up policy.
- Recommended gear list can be found here: https://www.primitiveinstinctsynp.com/about-us.
**When you finalize a purchase from Primitive Instincts YNP at any point in time, you agree to the Terms & Policies of Primitive Instincts YNP. You can find this information here, https://www.primitiveinstinctsynp.com/terms-policies.**
Thank you so much for your support of this local and small business, that is hispanic woman owned and operated!!